May 09, 2008

Alice's Ballet Debut

A new ballet school opened near our house. Candidly, I have been quite unorganized about getting Alice registered for little classes or activities this spring. The shop's newness means a very open schedule and lots of slots which worked to my advantage. Let the show begin!


When I asked Alice Thursday night if she would like to try ballet she practically screamed, "THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!" (which is about the most enthusiastic I've heard her since the day we told her the one-week spring break was over and she could go back to school)


The teacher told me that Alice could just wear comfy clothes to her first trial class. Alice was QUITE insistent that since we have a ballet outfit, she would wear a ballet outfit.


I watched part of the class - absolutely adorable. 5 little girls ages 3 & 4 spending most of the time watching themselves in the mirror and occasionally glancing at the teacher to see what they are supposed to be doing


Here Alice demonstrates everything she learned in dance class in our living room - this is walking on tiptoe.

No comments: