July 20, 2008

OBX - Southern Shores, North Carolina

I was going to try and limit this to 10 photos as a challenge to myself, but then, what's the fun in that?

   

Video iPod = Airplane Heaven. Borrowed from a friend with Alice's favorite tv shows downloaded. I see one in our future for the journey Down Under 

   

Hooray - we made it to the beach! 

   

Alice greets the ocean. Shortly after this, a big wave surprised her and knocked her down so she was completely soaked!
   
Splash-tastic fun with Daddy all week





















 

Sam enjoying his favorite beach activity - eating sand! (yes, I can confirm it DOES come out the other end 2 days later. Gave him a little bum-loofah in the diaper) 

   

Beachin'

   
Beachin'

   

Beachin' action shot 

   

Beachin' with our house in the background 

   
Looking for seashells on the beach (Alice brought home quite a few)  
A morning run on the beach. My personal favorite photo  
Daddy and Sam hit the beach 
   
Sam thinks Daddy's panama hat is HILARIOUS!
   
I mean really, really funny! 

   

Mid-week, Alice decided that the beach was fun to use just as a sandbox, and was much less interested in wearing her swimsuit

   

   

Beach baby

   

Lach, Alice, giant hole on the beach. I wish I had the photo of Lach IN the giant hole, but I think it's on Nicki's camera!! 

   

Yummo! Mike & Lara picked the perfect time to visit - CRAB NIGHT!




















Beach dress up!

   
The patented Heywood-star-o-children - Alice, Sam T, Elliot, Sam H, Harry

   

Alice and Elliot play inside. We don't have a photo that captures how excited Alice was to go swim in Elliot's pool every day (even while they packed up to leave - how nice is that?!?)

   

Trading Sams - Beth with Samantha, Sherie with Samuel  

Oh oh - someone is reading about trucks! Harry is getting in on this action















   

A frequent sight in our beach house - 3 little munchkins on the constantly shedding rug

   

Harry waiting for breakfast, Sam the monkey-boy pulling on the highchair


   

The 3 amigos - Sam, Alice & Harry

   

The outtake 

   

Just for you Pete & Az - taking this first family vacation as an opportunity to get the kids on the USS Wisconsin Battleship 

   

Sam flying home with fabulous entertainment - a straw and cup of ice. Thank goodness for the kind people who gave me the side of the plane with the extra seat! (and United, I take back almost everything mean I said about you with the 35 minute wait to check-in)

   

 Ah glorious vacation! Everything was wonderful - Want to see more photos from the beach? Check these out: Hello Harry at the beach Sam & Eggs at the beach


3 comments:

Kate said...

we missed you! can't wait to see all the pics.

Anonymous said...

I object to the above statement.

Kate said...

that beachin' action shot looks like Alice's "Baywatch" audition!!

your fav shot is mine too. so cute!

love the multiple headbands.