Don't let that "I'm a fairy-princess" demeanor fool you.
What is this weird specimen you ask?
These are the chunks of hair that fell out after Alice's bath & shampoo tonight. After putting her parents into a moderate panic (stress? disease? abuse?), followed by some clever interrogation questions.... we discover that the fairy-princess CUT HER OWN HAIR today.
Yes, in the basement.
Yes, on purpose ("to see if it would hurt").
Yes, the babysitter was there ("but she wasn't looking at me. I was behind her.").
Are you kidding??? I know all 7 of you blog readers are highly amused....
I think that somehow the ponytail holder/tiara must have kept the cut hair nearly in place on her head, and then it really only became obvious after the shampooing.
UPDATE: questioning her 4 1/2 year old playmate today reveals that perhaps Alice & Ruby were playing in the basement unsupervised and discussing hairbuts when this occurred....
7 comments:
Awesome.
And such a ringing endorsement of the babysitter.
In fairness to Silvia, I think this could have happened just as easily if we had been home. Definitely seems like this was intentional on A's part to make sure no one was looking!
Isn't cutting your own hair a rite of passage in childhood? Congratulations to Alice for hitting this milestone, and also to you all that the damage doesn't appear to be too extreme!
7+ the lurkers like me ;)
Glad I wasn't the babysitter, lol
I love the rundown of the interrogation.That must have sent you into a panic until you figured out what it was!
Well, Looks like I am the 7th comment and blog reader ... and glad to know Kassi was not involved. You can't tell from the picture of Alice, but is the haircut obvious in person?
Post a Comment