November 11, 2009

The frenzy of Chicago Kindergarten

Want to know what I think about? All the time? Let me come clean. It is....... Chicago Public School Kindergarten admissions. I have multiple conversations per day about this topic. To date, I have done a good job of remaining somewhat calm and detached from the whole process.

Today that ended. I am in a panic.

Stupid thing to panic about. I can't do anything about Alice's admission to Kindergarten. I don't think her chances of being admitted to a "special" (test-in or lottery acceptance) school are particularly better or worse than they were before September when Chicago was told to change their admission practices. Regardless, today I am feeling the stress.

Here, read up on my headache that is new rules for Chicago school admission:

Chicago Tribune article

Chicago Sun-Times article


WBEZ example



Preschooler seeks worthy Kindergarten...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone should report on this!