Best way to watch tv in a king size bed? Cuddle up in 1/4 of it...
Day 2 - visit pool at "sister hotel". As Alice said, "This hotel is much fancier than ours."
Day 3 - visit Kate, Joe, Georgia, and June on Sanibel Island. Suddenly realize that we are halfway through vacation and I have not taken any photos (with my brand new camera). Although it is hard to take photos while you are IN the pool. And that's the only place we wanted to be - it was 85 degrees!
Buy water noodles - giant noodle war ensues!
Alice became a much more independent swimmer with water wings
Sam loving the tire-shaped floaty
Sam had a tendency to forget that he can't swim and fearlessly jump out of your arms in the pool. And then sink.
Georgia beachin'
Sam relaxing with a cookie in the sun tent. So stressful to be 2 1/2 on vacation....
Father + daughter
Beth + Lach
Alice gets toenails painted - Georgia wants toenails painted
Georgia gets toenails painted - Sam wants toenails painted
WHAT IS THAT HORRIBLE NOIIIISE? Are we being attacked!?!? Oh, it's just Joe using the vacuum.
Alice packed and used her sleep mask while konked out on the pull-out couch. She exclaimed, "This is my FIRST TIME to ever sleep on a COUCH!" (hope she feels that excited about it in the future)
Day 4 - back to the pool at sister hotel, this time, with a camera!
The Naples Grande had an awesome pool with a water slide
My two children together by the pool. This is not trying to be artsy, this is them INTENTIONALLY not looking at me.
I really like something about this photo. I think it looks like it was snapped for US Weekly or something -
If I wish for it hard enough, she stays this small forever, right?
Day 5 - Last morning of pool!
Sam showing you how much big fun we had in Florida
Close up to show the freckles that emerged on Sam's nose!
What? A close-up of Sam? Alice insists on a close-up as well!
Our memory list:
tell Sam, "You're a noodle".... 'I no noodle, me Sam Tidmarsh!' or "You are a watermelon!... 'I no watermelon, me Sam Tidmarsh!'
Giving the kids their first chik-fil-a vanilla milkshake. Alice's comment? "This doesn't taste like what I thought it would. This is VERY good."
Lach upon arrival in Florida, "It is hot." Upon putting his foot in the ocean, "This water is warm." Basically he had no idea where we were going or what to expect.
2 comments:
I'm laughing out loud at your last "memory" because you make Lachlan sound like an unfrozen caveman.
Lachlan -- "HE'S JUST LIKE US! -- he drags his kids out of the pool!
P.S. Everyone should know that I am the only one joking in that vaccuum picture. All those silly kids were cowering and covering their ears for reals.
REALLY love the US Weekly "They're just like us!" photo.
and really love your adorable children! great photos. i must hear more about this new camera.
Post a Comment