November 21, 2010

Heard Around the House

Watching Sam walk downstairs to the basement in the buff
Mom: "Sam! You're naked!"

Sam: "Yes, because I don't.... have any.... clothes on!"

******************************
Driving home today:

Sam, amongst tired, cranky moaning: "I want to watch tv AND have a snack AND some water."

(any other requests, your highness?)

******************************
Demanding what you want is hugely frustrating when your 'C' sounds like a 'T'.

Sam went from begging for
"Tandy Torn! Tandy Torn!" to "Tandy Tanes! Tandy Tanes!"

******************************
And, stop the presses! Heard from Alice while picking out her clothes for school tomorrow:

"I don't want to have any purple on my outfit tomorrow. I've been trying to go a few days with not wearing purple. I have a lot of it."


UPDATE - Monday after school. Alice:
"Mom, Wednesday is the last day of not wearing purple. I just want to show people that it's not all I care about. I care about my friends more."

No comments: