Ugh. The state of Chicago Public Schools is totally frustrating and depressing. Want an uplifting read? You can check out:
Click here to read the real reason why Alice's school is now offering her "breakfast" (of sugar and carbs) in the classroom. Hint: because they are making money from the federal government for doing so.
Click here to read about the huge budget gap and doomsday scenarios Principals are considering.
Click here to read why the "Free Preschool for All" that Alice attended last year may actually cost $4,000 in tuition in the fall.
Any other gems I'm missing?
I know all school districts think they are short on funds for education. But Illinois literally ranks 50th in education funding. Last. And being in the major city with its myriad priorities and complexities doesn't help.
1 comment:
Being that it's a statewide problem, I know fleeing to the 'burbs wouldn't take us out of 50th place. However, your links are not doing the "stay in the City!" cause any favors here!
Depressing.
Post a Comment