July 01, 2011

Scenes from June

Fun, miscellaneous photos from a busy month!
Alice made a skateboard out of a toilet paper roll and some cardboard.  She was so certain it would work that she put on her helmet for safety.  Whoops!

Sidenote - I would estimate that Alice makes/creates/invents something crafty about twice a day.   The girl is very busy!   (And we have a LOT of cardboard creations stacked around the kitchen!)  Alice is the only child I know who would decline playdates or summer camp because she needs more free time open for projects!! 

Look out... or "Blue Lantern" will getcha!

Alice asked me to put a slave dress on her Polly Pocket.  When I asked what she was playing she said, "Underground Railroad.  The slave is going to escape from the Master.".   Oh, of course....    Led to some interesting discussion.   Those American Girl Doll books may be historically accurate, but I don't think Alice quite understood all the context.

Alice's first completed sewing project on her birthday sewing machine.



Chess with Daddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great "summer at home with the Tidmarshs" photos!! And I'm so impress that Alice is sewing. Sam looks ferocious in his sheild/hook/googles photo. - Tom T.

Kate said...

love the skateboard.