April 16, 2012

Snakes and Turtles and Lizards

Alice saw a flyer for "Reptile Fest".... hosted by the Chicago Herpetological Society (who knew we had one?) Alice was super excited to check it out down at UIC on Sunday-
With a 60 lb Burmese python

Another python

A pink cornsnake

Large tortoise
Iguanas
Sam not as interested in actually touching the creatures....

Box tortoise
Milk snake

Our shout out to Australia - the blue tongued skink (I'm sure everything else Australian is too deadly to let the children touch)
Sam wearing his toy snake

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Good lord, I am freaking out just LOOKING at the pictures of the snakes. If my girls ever get into reptiles, you'll have to take them to such a thing because I would never be able to wear a snake around my neck. Aaaarghhh....

TomT said...

OMG! These are the bravest children in the world. And Mom, too!!

Kate said...

Cool!

Crystal said...

Me too! Alice is my hero for letting these things touch her! Love the photo of Sam considering the reptile!