Welcome to Alice's favorite activity this summer:
Apparently she grew roots in the blue loveseat in the sunroom. Lach teased that if she was a Disney Princess she would be known as "Reading Beauty".
A friend recently asked me for the one word to describe Alice. "Girlie? Tomboy? Sporty?" she asked. I thought for a moment and said, "Bookworm".
Note how many times she is still in a nightgown or pajamas. Because Alice made good use of her time this summer to do "nothing". She literally basked in the freedom to have no schedule.
So what was on her summer reading list? Alice got through James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, the rest of the Roald Dahl box set from Costco that I don't even know; a variety of Judy Moody, Magic Tree House, Geronimo Stilton, My Weird School, half of the Katie Kazoo series, and just finished Farmer Boy, the 2nd book by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Needless to say, we have been making more trips to the library. Last time we checked out 46 books. To read in 3 weeks.
When the loveseat is not available, the kitchen chair will do.

2 comments:
this is your best post ever.
it brings hope to those coming up behind you.
I'm now praying for a bookworm.
I love our little bookworm! Tom T.
Post a Comment