Just for the sake of making a general announcement (and we really only care about you people, not our 214 "friends" on Facebook. oh wait, Lach's not even ON facebook.....)
Our home computer died.
Yes, our (my) beloved Apple iMac G5, born October 2005 (to better organize, sort, store, and edit photos of darling baby Alice), randomly stopped working. The Apple Store now labels our 6 year old computer as "vintage", thus it would be quite expensive to get parts and repair.
No worries, we have multiple back-ups of the data that was sitting on the computer. (yes baby pictures, you are still safe)
But so funny that when I walked in to the Apple store the very friendly rep looked at the computer and said, "Oh. Cute."
It's only 6 years old! It's not like I brought in a vintage Ford Mustang or the original 1984 Macintosh or something -
Reminder to friends: Back-up your data!!! You never know when your vintage logicboard might fail!
1 comment:
I am going to go backup right now.
How did you back up? Via time machine on an external drive, or something else?
Post a Comment